BK is about an inch and a half long and is the size of a small plum. It has started to put on enough weight that the books can now estimate the fetus is about 0.18 ounces. The eyelids have formed and are fused. The bones are starting to develop and the elbows can even bend. Also the teeth are beginning to form in the gums. I still have no nausea, except for motion sickness in the car. I’ve always had that though, it’s just perhaps more sensitive now. I have no food aversions either. Actually my craving all this month has been Mexican food. I’m still pretty tired all the time and my sciatic nerve hates me. I’ll still take not being able to walk over nausea any day. It’s just hard sometimes to remember that when I can’t stand or when I’m up half the night tossing.
Earlier this week we met up to celebrate my Dad’s 55th birthday at The Cheesecake Factory. It’s about a month earlier than I planned on telling anybody about BK, but I honestly didn’t know the next time I’d have my mom, dad, and my brother Charlie all in the same place again…not until probably Easter. So I bought a baby picture frame and put a copy of the sonogram in it to give to my dad for his gift. When he opened it, he had no idea what he was looking at and even asked “What is it?” Then my mom leaned over to look and she too had no idea. Trevor had to point to where the baby was and said “This is a picture of your first grandchild.” The waiters then came over and my mom in her excitement blurted out to them, “I just found out I’m going to be a grandparent!” Haha, so much for not telling people yet.
The rest of the week was spent just getting ready for things…looking up properties we might be interested in seeing, researching brands of baby monitors and the like, and sifting through/throwing out the mountain of paperwork in the office.
Trevor's Note: This week I've been thinking a lot about whether it's a boy or a girl. I remember as a kid really wanting to have a son when I grew up. Now that I'm here, I don't really have a preference. I just want them to be healthy, happy, and be a Christian. Boy or girl doesn't seem to matter much. Though it would be weird after growing up in a house with all boys to have to play with Barbie dolls and have tea parties.
Trevor's Note: This week I've been thinking a lot about whether it's a boy or a girl. I remember as a kid really wanting to have a son when I grew up. Now that I'm here, I don't really have a preference. I just want them to be healthy, happy, and be a Christian. Boy or girl doesn't seem to matter much. Though it would be weird after growing up in a house with all boys to have to play with Barbie dolls and have tea parties.
No comments:
Post a Comment