Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 9 – Officially a fetus

BK is now officially called a fetus.  It is about an inch long and is the size of a green olive.  The muscles have been forming to allow BK to start moving those tiny arms & legs.  The fingers/toes are longer and the pupils have begun to form.

This week Trevor and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary of being together.  We kept it simple and just went out to dinner at Maggiano’s.  This will be our last anniversary with just the two of us.  However, between figuring out what to do with Bailey and saving up to buy a house, dinner was more than enough.  Speaking of Bailey, while we were at dinner she decided to tear up some carpeting.  She looks all sleepy & innocent below, but it's an act, I swear :)
 

We’ve been getting ready to go look at properties this week as well.  We spoke to a realtor, searched through listings & compiled a list of places to go see.  Earlier today we finally went out and saw our first 6 possible homes.  The first few places were a little disheartening due to the tear-down condition they appeared to be in.  Then there was one nice town-home but the HOA dues bumped the price up a little too much.  The last property required a bit of cosmetic work (super bright red carpet throughout and heavy use of primary colors on the walls) but the yard was really nice and it wasn’t very expensive…probably due to the carpet burning the retinas of everyone who walked into the place.  This already feels like it’s going to be a long process.  We’re able to see past how it’s decorated/styled, so that’s a plus, but I think we’re going to end up seeing our fair share of dumpy places before some nice ones come our way.

Oh, and we also announced the pregnancy to our first group of people today.   It wasn’t by choice, but we had our dentist appointments this morning and I had to tell the hygienist and dentist so that I wouldn’t have x-rays taken.  Not terribly exciting but if anyone ever asks, technically the first people to know were them, haha.  Oh oops, and the Realtor knows.  I guess we suck at keeping secrets :)

Trevor's Note: If I may make one suggestion to anyone out there.  Try to avoid buying a house and having a baby at the same time and certainly don't do it under the time crunch of a lease expiring.  I'm actually a little worried that this is too much stress for the baby.  It isn't good for Ashley and me.  It certainly can't be good for the baby.  I've always had buying a house and having a baby as life-long goals of mine, but so was being financially secure. I guess I'll take two out of three, since it appears to be impossible for all three to happen at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment