I met with the realtor while Trevor was at work and we looked at 8 different properties. Even
though that’s a lot of places to see in a day (details definitely began
to overlap), there were 3 really nice properties that I wanted Trevor
to take a look at for himself. In the afternoon while I was driving, a car pulled out in front of me and sideswiped the front passenger end of my car. They dented and scratched up the front fender and bumper as well as scratched up their car, but luckily no one was hurt. And then later that evening, PetSmart doggie day care called to say another dog bit Bailey on the nose. She was bleeding, but they cleaned her up and said she seemed fine now. I’d call that an information-overload sort of day.
![]() |
| Bailey-Belle before getting her nose chomped :) |

![]() |
| "Indestructible" Kong toy - clearly not true |
The weekend so far has been spent filing the car accident report with our insurance company, filing the claim with the lady’s insurance company (that’s what you get for having GEICO…you do all the work!), making sure Bailey doesn’t re-open the bite mark on her nose when she’s playing outside, and showing Trevor the 3 properties I scheduled a second look for, as well as checking out a new listing. The most stressful part of the week has been trying to make a very big decision. After our second look, we decided there were 2 properties we liked enough to put an offer on. Now we just had to decide which one to go with. We learned from experience that investors snatch up properties really fast and move-in-ready homes go just as quickly; so you can’t waste any time.
All last night we went back and forth between the two places trying to decide which one we wanted more. We woke up this morning kind of settling on one of them when the realtor called. She, of course, informs us that the one we were leaning towards has multiple offers on it already, with one offer already in negotiations. Shoot! So today we’ve been wrestling with the idea of just going for the other house or putting in our highest bid on the property we want more and hope they accept ours. Ah, being a grown up. It seemed so much more exciting and fun when we were younger.
Well in baby news, BK is about ½ an ounce, 2 ½ inches long, and the size of a large plum. Hmm, in week 10 it was a small plum. Sounds like the books are running out of comparable fruits. Anyway…the digestive system is starting to do its thing, white blood cells are being made, and the pituitary gland is starting to make hormones. I mentioned earlier that my energy was starting to come back but after this weekend I feel like I could sleep for a few days. I still have to drive to avoid motion sickness and my back is the same…pretty damn uncomfortable. Lol. Trevor talked to his brothers today about all this house news and since he had them on the phone, we figured just go ahead and tell them about little BK. Again, so much for sticking to the End-of-the-First-Trimester plan. :)
Well in baby news, BK is about ½ an ounce, 2 ½ inches long, and the size of a large plum. Hmm, in week 10 it was a small plum. Sounds like the books are running out of comparable fruits. Anyway…the digestive system is starting to do its thing, white blood cells are being made, and the pituitary gland is starting to make hormones. I mentioned earlier that my energy was starting to come back but after this weekend I feel like I could sleep for a few days. I still have to drive to avoid motion sickness and my back is the same…pretty damn uncomfortable. Lol. Trevor talked to his brothers today about all this house news and since he had them on the phone, we figured just go ahead and tell them about little BK. Again, so much for sticking to the End-of-the-First-Trimester plan. :)
Trevor's Note: Picking a house is worse than looking for one. It's such a huge decision. I am really excited about it though. In the end though, it will be great to finally have a home for my family. Thankfully the accident was minor and my family is still in one piece.
Telling Travis and Adam was pretty fun. They were both super excited. I feel bad not telling Tony yet, but he'll be there when we tell Mom and Dad and I'd much rather do it in person.


No comments:
Post a Comment