Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 13 – With the Good Also Comes the Bad

This week marked the final week of the first trimester.  BK is 1/3 of the way done baking!  It is about 3 inches long, ¾ an ounce, and the size of a peach.  The intestines are moving from where they’ve been developing in the umbilical cord to where they should be.  The ears and eyes are moving closer to their normal position.  Also the vocal cords are starting to develop.  I feel pretty much the same as I did last week – the same sciatic pain is hanging around, my energy has pretty much returned, and still no nausea unless I’m not the one driving.  I’m pretty sure I don’t look pregnant to other people yet, but I’ve noticed a little rounding to the abdomen area.  It basically looks like I’ve just let myself go a little, lol.  My pants have been only a little uncomfortable on my belly if I’ve been sitting for too long.  I can probably get away with a couple more weeks before I have to go shopping.  :)

Some big and exciting news happened in the beginning of the week.  After looking at an additional 4 properties, we decided to go ahead and put in an offer on that home that already had multiple offers on it.  We knew before finding out others were interested that we liked that house best, and after seeing 26 total properties, it was still our favorite.  It took a couple of days to hear back from the seller, but the realtor called and said they accepted our offer!  To say there is a lot of paperwork to sign when buying a house would be an understatement, but after writing our names probably 500 times, the contract is now filed and our loan is being processed.   Now we just have to get a home inspection and then the waiting game will begin.

Some big and not so exciting news happened later in the week though.  Our neighbor who lives below us complained to the apartment management that our puppy was making too much noise, and the management’s response was to serve us with a 14 day notice to remove Bailey from the property.  Now our lease is up on March 19th and we were hoping to sign a one month extension so that we don’t have to live on the street while we close on our house.  However, they want us to remove Bailey by March 7th citing not only is she a restricted breed but she is disrupting the neighbors.  Awesome.  Well since we knew exactly who it was that complained, Trevor went downstairs to talk to the guy who has been a pain to us for months now.  Not only do he and his wife not know how to live in an apartment, but this guy has called management to repeatedly complain about every neighbor that lives around him.  As for the restricted breed business, the previous management granted us permission to have a Husky and the new management has to honor existing contracts.  Also they have been perfectly content to accept our pet fees every month knowing we have a Husky, but now she’s not going to be allowed? 

Well even though Trevor was fuming over this, he put on a calm & pleasant face and managed to convince the guy to drop the complaint.  The next day the neighbor went over to tell the office he’s dropping everything.  However, when we called the office later on, their response was that they already sent the letter to us and they have to honor it.  Umm…what?  A letter someone typed up in Microsoft Word and the two claims that no longer have any merit…this is something they have to honor.  Yep, makes sense.  Looks like it’s time to have our real estate attorney call over and tell them not only are they legally not allowed to do this, but to also stop being douchebags.  I don’t think he’ll tell them the last part, but he should.  Haha

Trevor's Note:  Let me run down a quick list here:  baby on the way, lease expiring, buying a house, wife in a car accident, and possibly getting evicted.  You can understand why I'm shaking while I type this.  What an up and down week.  I can't tell you how happy I am that we are getting a house, but now my fear of being homeless (albeit for a short time) may actually be realized.  

All of this is teaching me so much more about being a man than any other time in my life.  And I've come to the realization that sometimes being a man means you have to get down on your knees and pray.  I don't know what the next few months will bring, but somehow we're going to get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment