This week the fingernails and toenails are just beginning to form and when I read that I, of course, immediately thought of the movie Juno. BK is about 2 inches long, weighs about a third of an ounce and is the size of a large lime. The small intestine is beginning to do it’s thing, the ears are where they should be now, and the mouth is taking shape. I’m still super tired, the left side of my back hurts more than ever, and if I’m not the one driving the car a wicked form of motion sickness tries to kill me. But really I’m pretty good all things considered. My craving last month for Mexican food has been replaced by hot chocolate…and it’s pretty hardcore. Oh and my pants are all super fitted and because of that, they are starting to become uncomfortable if I’m sitting for too long. Looks like I better start looking for a good pair of yoga pants soon.
Also on the baby front, I called my other brother, Shane, and told him he is going to be an uncle in a few months time. The plan of telling people after the first trimester really doesn’t seem to be happening. However, I figured we’d already told my parents and other brother a week and a half ago. So since they knew and Shane talks to them on the phone, might as well tell him too. Let’s see if we can stick to the original plan for everyone else.
On Tuesday we had our 11 week OB appointment. We were able to hear the heartbeat again via a fetal doppler, but we didn’t get to see anything this time. We won’t have another sonogram until about 20 weeks when we find out the sex. It took her a little while to find BK with the doppler, but when she did, it was hiding all the way on my left side…surprise, surprise. I could have told her where BK had set up camp from where the pain has been for the past 6 weeks ;)
Trevor's Note: Don't let Ashley fool you. This back pain and car sickness is a real problem. And all these houses are starting to blur together. I feel a little like Batman now. "By day a mild-mannered teacher. But by night he transforms into The House Hunter." I swear I've looked online and in person at 25,000 houses.
No comments:
Post a Comment