Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 18 – Trevor’s Spring Break

I should have titled this entry “The week everyone finally called us!”  I finally got in touch with the specialist OB office after spending a LONG time on the phone with the third party hospital.  For whatever reason, they had to accept the medical records from my OB and be the ones to give it to the specialist OB.  Seems like an unnecessary step, but I guess that’s how the world works…slow everything down with middle men.  Anyway, the appointment will be our regular 20 week ultrasound, but it will be done at their office instead of at our regular Dr’s.  They have more advanced equipment that can better show the development of the baby, determining if he or she has Down’s characteristics.   If the specialist sees anything in the ultrasound that suggests the baby has Down’s (shortened limbs, a specific shape to the face, as well as other things), then an amniocentesis can be ordered to show the fetus’s chromosomal count.  We wish our OB office could have told us in the first place that all they ordered was a 20 week ultrasound.  This would have not only answered what further testing was needed but also given us a length of time to expect.

Even though this is not what we had hoped to include on our life experience list, I think we’re both a little less stressed just having this appointment finally made.  Trevor is a do-er.  He wants something tangible to hold, an activity that makes him feel like he’s doing something, or at the very least have a defined length of time to look towards.  I, on the other hand, was really just feeling frustrated with being told several times to expect to hear from someone, only to repeatedly be left in silence.  We still have to wait a few weeks until our 20 week ultrasound, and I know in the meantime this is going to cross our minds time and again.  All we can do, though, is wait & see.

In house news, we finally heard back from several people whom we’ve been waiting on.  The appraisal is finally done and showed the house to be valued higher than what we offered.  Now the bank can continue to process our loan and the seller has agreed to fix the things we requested be done.  Yay progress!

This week was Trevor’s spring break and after stressing all last week, he definitely welcomed this time off.  We spent a lot of time just relaxing and being together – many trips to Barnes & Noble, the Naperville Riverwalk, a movie/lunch date to see “OZ - The Great and Powerful”, taking Bailey on many walks, trivia night, playing with puppies, and going out for breakfast & dessert.  It was so nice to be selfish together and take time off from this pretty busy year we’ve been having so far.

18 Weeks
I already touched on baby news but progression-wise, BK is 5 ½ inches long and about 5 ounces big this week.  It is practicing yawning & hiccupping and now has fingerprints.  I’ve still only gained about 7 pounds and pretty much wear the same 2 pairs of yoga pants all the time, lol.  Until maternity pants stop being ridiculously over-priced, I’ll most likely be rocking these yoga pants until summer-time.

Nap Time

No comments:

Post a Comment