There’s nothing really to update about the house yet. We’re still waiting on the appraisal to be done and the seller is waiting for that information to determine what repairs they’ll do, if any. So it’s another week of waiting for phone calls and emails. I guess this must be why closing on a house can take months; everyone is waiting on someone else. It all seems so efficient, lol.
This week BK is 5 inches long, around 5 ounces big, and is about the size of my hand spread open. Some fat is starting to form, but the skin is translucent and will be for a little while. It is practicing some of the basic things like sucking and swallowing. I’ve had heartburn on and off all this week but most of it happened after I drank coffee. So I guess the upside is I can avoid heartburn for the moment if I just avoid coffee…if you consider that an upside, haha. Also this week I think I felt the baby move for the first time. I’m not certain though, since I have no frame of reference. The tiny vibrations kind of reminded me of when your stomach rumbles when it’s hungry, but I wasn’t hungry…kind of weird to explain. I suppose over the next few weeks I’ll have a better idea if this was the real thing or not.
This week BK is 5 inches long, around 5 ounces big, and is about the size of my hand spread open. Some fat is starting to form, but the skin is translucent and will be for a little while. It is practicing some of the basic things like sucking and swallowing. I’ve had heartburn on and off all this week but most of it happened after I drank coffee. So I guess the upside is I can avoid heartburn for the moment if I just avoid coffee…if you consider that an upside, haha. Also this week I think I felt the baby move for the first time. I’m not certain though, since I have no frame of reference. The tiny vibrations kind of reminded me of when your stomach rumbles when it’s hungry, but I wasn’t hungry…kind of weird to explain. I suppose over the next few weeks I’ll have a better idea if this was the real thing or not.
Also in baby news, we received a call from our OB on Monday to tell us the results from the 16 week blood work were in…and that they were just slightly abnormal. The alpha-fetoprotein levels are just below the “normal” range, which indicate a slightly higher than average risk of BK having Down’s Syndrome. The OB wasn’t too concerned because this test has a high false positive and we were just barely outside of the normal range…but we are going to have to meet with a specialist OB that deals in high-risk pregnancies for further testing.
We were told the specialist OB office would call us in a couple of days to set up an appointment when they had a copy of all the test results. Well 3 stressful days passed and by Thursday we still hadn’t heard anything. Apparently all the information was sent over to the special OB office but it had to go through another party first, so they don’t have anything yet. Gotta love bureaucracy! Today is Saturday, they already closed for the day, and we’ve yet to get in contact to even set up an appointment. Again – stressful. However, it’s more owing to that we don’t even know what we’re waiting for. What kind of “further testing” is needed? Is it a test that can be scheduled ASAP or is it an ultrasound that can’t be done until I’m 20 weeks? Are we talking some simple blood work or a scary amniocentesis? All week we’ve been waiting just to get in touch and make an appointment. It hasn’t been very fun.
But to end on a positive note, here are some unnecessary pictures of Bailey :)
![]() |
| Peekaboo under the table |
Trevor’s Note: Basically all the information we have about “irregular test” is stuff that Ashley and I have researched ourselves. There are just too many stressful things happening. The good news is my spring break is coming and hopefully we can get some answers about this test soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment