![]() |
| High Fives for St. Paddy's |
Earlier this week I had my 16 week OB appointment. We got to hear the heartbeat and received the order to get the 2nd trimester blood work done. BK is still around 4 ½ inches long but is now 4 ounces big. It’s back muscles are stronger allowing it to straighten out more. BK’s eyes are working now and are able to perceive light through the eyelids. It is also more sensitive to touch and can respond by squirming if the belly is poked.
It’s been nice enough to be outside so Bailey and I have been taking a lot of walks this week. I can’t wait for spring temps…I am so over winter already. I’ve even begun spring cleaning or really I’d call it move-out-cleaning. As you can see from the picture above I’ve gone from looking like I ate a little too much to looking like I let myself go, haha. I guess 7 lbs mostly all in the front will do that. My pants no longer allow me to sit down without really cutting into my stomach. I spent many hours on Friday going to THREE different malls trying to find maternity yoga pants. Yes, I said three. And it was completely ridiculous. The first two malls had zero maternity stores.
I can vividly remember when I wasn’t pregnant seeing those stores all the time. Now that I need them…they’ve all disappeared? Awesome. The third mall only had one maternity store. Unfortunately, all they had were leggings. Not quite the same thing. I despise the look people are trying to pull off when they wear leggings as pants (as in without a long enough shirt to cover their butt). That is not a good look for anyone; I don’t care how in shape you are. Even the department stores only had a few racks and most of it was $100 maternity jeans (how crazy is that!?) and shirts. I found some maternity yoga pants in both Macy’s and Target but they were so short they didn’t even clear my ankles. I guess people taller than 5 feet don’t get pregnant anymore.
For funsies I went into Victoria’s Secret, even though I knew all of their pants were covered in rhinestones and had the word “PINK” written across the backsides. The clothing gods must have felt sorry for me by then because I managed to find two pairs of yoga pants! One of them even came without rhinestones…I didn’t even know that was possible. They must have had a rhinestone shortage the week those were made. The other of course did have the offensive little sparkles but PINK was written very small and my shirts would cover it. I hope they’ll fit longer than a couple of months because I do not want to repeat that day anytime soon.
Today I had a baby shower to go to for a college friend, Katie. Trevor came with so that Travis would have someone to hang out with while Sara and I were at the shower. I am so not looking forward to having to register for my own showers in a couple of months. There is so much crap babies need and all of it is quite expensive so a shower is a must unless you are super rich. However, researching brands and sifting through the way over-crowded baby market just makes me want to take a nap. When registering for our wedding, I knew which things on the “Must Register For” lists that stores and magazines pushed were going to be completely useless. Baby registries though…no frickin’ clue what you’ll actually use all the time, what you’ll use for about 5 seconds before they outgrow it, and what they’re trying to push onto new parents by making you think you need it. Yep, definitely not looking forward to figuring all this out ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment