BK is 4 ½ inches long, 2 ounces big, and the size of a softball this week. That’s a whole inch and a whole ounce bigger than last week. No wonder it looks like I had Thanksgiving dinner every night this week. I can really feel the toughness of the uterus now when I push on the skin in front of my hips. I even had my first heartburn of the pregnancy occur this week. I’ve never really had heartburn before so I wasn’t sure if that’s what I was feeling at first. It’s more annoying than painful but maybe that will change later on. This week BK’s bones are getting harder and can be seen with an x-ray (that’s a little creepy to me). It is coordinated enough to move its finger, toes, flex its extremities, suck its thumb and make breathing movements. I guess if you’ve had a baby before you can feel movement this week. However since this is my first it seems I’ll have to wait a few more weeks.
We’re doing a lot of waiting around at this point with the house. It took a week since our home inspection for the real estate attorney to contact us and ask what repairs we are requesting be done. Now that he’s called and taken down our list, we’re just waiting to hear what the seller will agree to repair or not. It’s a fun process, lol.
We had a big snowstorm this week and Bailey has been having the time of her life. This is the first real snow she’s ever seen and it’s quite clear just how much she loves it. We’ve done a lot of high-kneed running around the property because of how deep it is in places.
Bailey digging in the snow piles
It’s really shown me just how out of shape with running I am! The first 2 ½ months of the pregnancy I was exhausted just sitting up on the couch. Then I had a fun 2 months of sciatic pain. And now that both of those are gone I’ve been working out again but I’ve had to go back to the old-school method of rotating running 5 minutes – walking 5 minutes. I haven’t had to do that since I started marathon training 2 years ago. Oh well, gotta start somewhere.
Trevor's Note: I don't understand why buying this house is taking this long. They want to get rid of it and we want to get into it. Bureaucracy. I can't wait till Bailey and the baby get to play in our own yard like in the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment