Yes, I meant “T”. Or rather that’s what I said out loud the other day. Obviously I meant capital “S”. I’m so stressed I can’t even spell anymore, haha. Buying a house is so freakin’ complicated. There
is an entirely different language I’m trying to learn, and after a
while my brain simply cannot absorb any more mortgage jibberish. I
don’t know if it is too early to blame it on pregnancy-brain or if I am
just incredibly stupid; I’m leaning towards the former for my ego’s
sake.
Our lease is up in two months and we’ll either be:
1) Moving into a new house
2) Moving into a cheaper apartment because we couldn’t find a house
3) Staying
here and paying a much higher rent than we are now because we’ll have
switched to a month-by-month lease hoping we will soon be moving into a
new house.
It’s just a tad unsettling not knowing where I’ll be sleeping in several weeks. Trevor
has been simply amazing with all this though…forcing himself to read
through things he doesn’t understand, setting up mortgage lender appts,
searching though sketchy websites trying to find foreclosures and the
like for sale. (Huge bummer that the average cost of homes throughout most of our county is about 100K over what we can afford lol!)
The second source of stress is everything that comes with having a baby. I know I just found out “officially” a few days ago so you’d think that would be the main thing that is overwhelming me. Maybe
it’s because I don’t feel pregnant…no morning sickness or any of those
other lovely symptoms most women experience, just fatigue. I still think I’ll really believe it when we get to see Baby Kershaw in an ultrasound next week. Until
then I’ll just let shock or surprise or thick-headedness guide me
through the next several days until the “proof” comes, haha. Even though it hasn’t really sunk in doesn’t mean there aren’t a few things to stress a little over. Like…
-Making sure I’m not only getting enough protein, Vitamins A & B, and iron every day from being a vegetarian, but now I need to also pay attention to zinc, folic acid and all that good stuff. I know all this will become second nature once I get into the habit, but for now it’s just annoying tracking that many things when I just want to eat a sandwich.
-Trying not to get whipped around too much from this crazy dog when I exercise her. Bailey is still a terrible puller on the leash. Several times I’ve ended up with pain in my abs and sides from tensing my entire body in order to remain on my feet when she’s getting ready to lunge after a squirrel or an interesting blade of grass.
-Not knowing. Not knowing what foods I should be staying away from. Not knowing what I can take for migraines/headaches. Not knowing what types of exercises I should not do. The OB/GYN was a little less than helpful. I mean I know I’m new at this but during the first prenatal visit shouldn’t they be giving you at least some information? Especially when your mind goes blank and you can’t remember the things you should be asking? The
books say this should be your longest appointment but I think I spent
more time waiting in a room for the results than I spent face-to-face
with the doctor. I scheduled the first sonogram for next week when Trevor can be there, and I changed to a different OB/GYN within the practice. Hopefully she’ll be more forth-giving with information.
Trevor's Note: I'm not sure I would qualify as "amazing" through this. I kind of feel like I did as a first year teacher-I'm just B.S.ing my way through it. If it were just Ashley and me, I'd be fine. Now there is so much more dependent on me: Ashley, the baby, the dog. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I have faith in God that we're not going to end up homeless.
Trevor's Note: I'm not sure I would qualify as "amazing" through this. I kind of feel like I did as a first year teacher-I'm just B.S.ing my way through it. If it were just Ashley and me, I'd be fine. Now there is so much more dependent on me: Ashley, the baby, the dog. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I have faith in God that we're not going to end up homeless.
No comments:
Post a Comment