Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 7 – It’s a….Future Bears fan!



I managed to catch someone’s something over the holidays and by the end of Christmas Day I was beginning to feel like death…awful sore throat (thank you smokers), slight fever, chills, nausea, and the inability to climb out of bed for several days.  By the end of the week, the flu subsided into a nice sinus head cold.  Also by that time I began to realize something else; I was late.  Trevor’s family came up that weekend to visit us and my head cold was creating so much pressure that a wicked migraine set up camp.  I was kind of worthless that whole weekend because I couldn’t take my beloved Excedrin, just in case, and had to wait for it to go away on its own.

By New Year’s Eve/Day I finally started to feel better…the flu had taken its course, the sinus cold was on its way out, and that awful migraine finally stopped trying to kill me.  I also noticed that I was definitely late.  Still in a little bit of denial, I waited another week to take a home pregnancy test.  Of course they came back with the faintest positive possible.  I wasn’t sure if that even was a second line (side note: EPT, you kind of suck for how much you cost).

I made an appointment with my gyno yesterday to find out for sure.  If you read the title of this entry you can guess what the result was.  She came in after a while and said very casually, “Hi, I’m Doctor So-and-So.  The results came back positive.  That puts you at about 7 ½ weeks.  Do you have any questions?”  I’m sure I did but I couldn’t remember at that moment.  She was so nonchalant about it all and didn’t offer any information of her own nor ask anything of me.  Then she proceeded to do an exam and was getting ready to do an ultrasound.   That’s when my mind came back to me and I said I’d like to wait until my husband can be there.  I was sent to the phlebotomist to take some blood and then sent along on my way.  How strange.  My normal gyno had stopped practicing all together so I got this new person.  I’m definitely going to switch to someone else within the practice, because I don’t think I should have to pull information out of someone…especially in a situation when my brain might not be operating on all cylinders.

Anyway, I stopped at Target on the way home, bought this onsie and gave it to Trevor when he got home from work.  He was a little confused why I was giving him a random wrapped up present, but it wasn’t hard to figure out once he opened it.  None of this quite feels real and I don’t think I’ll really believe it until I see & hear something next week at our first sonogram.  Oh goodness, we have an actual sonogram scheduled.  Yep, I’m going to need something tangible to see, lol.

Trevor's Note:  Being told you're going to be a dad is...overwhelming.  I am happy, terrified, stressed, nervous, or just about any emotion imaginable.  Personally I am really looking forward to the first sonogram.  Maybe like Ashley it will feel more real then.

No comments:

Post a Comment