Sunday we officially moved-out of the apartment. We spent all morning & most of the afternoon packing up the final car load (it almost didn’t all fit!), painting the hallway, dining room, & doing touch ups, and then finally turning in our keys. It’s a shame the new management is so terrible and we left with a bitter taste in our mouths. We both really liked the building, the grounds, the neighbors (excluding the one below us), and the whole surrounding town area. It was our first home as a married couple. It’s where I trained for 3 marathons and logged MANY miles on those roads. It was where Bailey “grew-up” and we have numerous memories of her doing funny & cute things. I know we’ll make 10 times the memories in our new home, especially with a little one coming in a few months…but I’m still going to miss our “first home”.
 |
| View from our apartment windows - "Backyard" and the parking lot across from C.O.D. |
 |
| Bye Apartment |
Now that we have only 1 place to tend to, we’ve spent what feels like every waking second unpacking and getting things in order. This week we’ve unpacked and set up: the rest of the living room, our bedroom (after buying/installing a closet organizer), the rest of the bathrooms’ furniture/hardware, and the dining room. Our attentions this weekend, however, have been towards the leaking shower pipes. We saw this during our home inspection and it was one of the things we told them to fix. Of course, as it seems to be the theme in this house, they did a half-assed job and just barely patched things together. So, naturally, it is leaking again. Trevor’s parents came up yesterday and after going out to Chilli’s for dinner, we stopped at Menards to pick up all the supplies for tomorrow’s project. Today, Debbie & I spent most of the day cleaning up the yard; picking up the endless supply of garbage/debris, trimming back overgrown plants, and chiefly trying to make the yard seem less like an abandoned plot. Steve & Trevor were busy running out to Menards/Lowes several times for last minute items and then replacing the pipes & hardware for the shower. I’m so grateful that they not only drove all this way again (after just driving up here 2 weeks ago to help us move), but also for lending some much appreciated help and expertise in home repair.
 |
| 22 Weeks |
Baby girl is about 8 inches long and an entire ONE pound big this week. Her senses are developing more and she’s able to: grab the umbilical cord, still “see” light changes even though her eyelids are fused closed, continue to taste the various flavors in the amniotic fluid, and now hear not only the sounds within my own body, but sounds occurring on the outside as well. Trevor’s been waiting for this and is really excited to start “talking” to her & have her get to know his voice. I’m still really tired & sore from only doing things that were apartment/home/packing/painting related. My diet has been way off; eating whatever and whenever I can. As a result, I’ve been sluggish and have had more headaches & heartburn than usual. Though as exhausted as I’ve been these past 3 weeks, I feel really lazy when compared to what Trevor has had to do. He’s not only done the heavier lifting & more physical aspects of all our projects, but he’s been spending all day at work and then spending all evening & the weekends doing projects for the apartment & house. I really couldn’t be more blessed to have someone who not only is motivated & wants to work on our home, but follows through and continues to go above & beyond.
Trevor’s Note: I know that one day home repairs are going to be annoying and aggravating projects that just take away from my free time. However, there is something really great about working on “your home”. It makes you feel like a big man (even if your Dad had to come and do most of the work while you just watched. Thanks Dad!).
No comments:
Post a Comment