There’s a good reason why “Week 19” was entitled ‘The Calm Before the Storm’ as this is now the 4rd “Week 20” post. We started Week 20 with Bailey and Evalee’s birthday celebrations. Then we had our ultrasound on Monday and our regular OB appointment on Tuesday. Wednesday we had a hectic closing, but in the end walked away homeowners. And Thursday & Friday have been filled to the brim with packing, painting, organizing, and getting ready to move. Today was the official and very long Move-In day.
I was unable to shut my mind off last night to get much sleep, so I ended getting up super early today. There are just too many lists running through it! One of Trevor’s brothers stayed at our apartment last night, so those two started loading up our car before everyone else arrived this morning. Shortly after, Trevor’s parents, the rest of his brothers, my dad, one of my brothers, and a college friend all started to trickle in. Trevor went to pick up the U-haul and then the loading really began. Bailey was way too excited from all the new people and was getting in the way. I decided to take her and our loaded up car over to the new house before people really got going. It was hard to leave the apartment and not know what was going on or what was being grabbed. More so, it was hard not getting to witness it being emptied; to acquire that sense of leaving. Instead I was at the new house, which was completely empty, tossing toys around with Bailey & trying not to be anxious, lol. I was there by myself for what felt like forever, but in actuality was probably around 3 hours, waiting for them to arrive. I know this sounds ridiculous but I really think sitting there waiting & doing nothing was harder for me than it would have been if I was sweating & moving around heavy things.
Eventually the cavalry of pickup trucks, hitched-trailers, and our U-haul pulled up. Since I wasn’t going to be unloading anything heavy, I was assigned the job of directing people where to put things. For maybe the first 10 minutes there was some kind of order to it. Shortly after, the directions were reduced to, “I don’t know, just shove it in that room there.” Haha. After all the trucks were emptied and I made lunch for everyone, Trevor & I along with his dad & brother drove over to a person’s house we found on Craigslist. She was selling a big sectional couch for only a few hundred and after looking it over we decided to buy it. Goodbye horrible misshapen dumpster couch! Trevor’s dad and brother headed back to the house while we stopped at a Sear’s outlet on the way home to purchase a refrigerator. I guess you might as well use the U-haul while you have it, right? When we got back, we saw that Trevor’s mom, dad and brother kept themselves busy by unpacking various things in the kitchen, sort of organizing the living room, and even setting up our bed for us. They stayed a little longer to help Trevor move around and place some more furniture before heading out. Trevor and I still had one more trip to make – drop off the U-Haul, throw the old couch into our apartment’s dumpster (I wanted to set it on fire or do something more ostentatious, lol), and get some drive-thru dinner.
We ended this crazy day by lying on our new couch, watching a DVD on the laptop, and Trevor being able to feel the baby kick for the first time! Needless to say, it made a nice ending to a rather long and exhausting day. I’m filled with so much thanks and gratitude towards everyone that helped us today – everyone planning around their work/family’s schedules, Trevor’s family driving several hours all for some heavy lifting, and even helping unpack a little. There’s so much to appreciate today :)
We ended this crazy day by lying on our new couch, watching a DVD on the laptop, and Trevor being able to feel the baby kick for the first time! Needless to say, it made a nice ending to a rather long and exhausting day. I’m filled with so much thanks and gratitude towards everyone that helped us today – everyone planning around their work/family’s schedules, Trevor’s family driving several hours all for some heavy lifting, and even helping unpack a little. There’s so much to appreciate today :)
Trevor’s Note: Awesome. I know that I have had a lot of great things happen in my life, but this may be the best day I’ve had up to this point. A new home for my family and I got to feel my baby kick! I’m sure actually meeting her on her birthday will be better than this but for now I’ll just enjoy this wonderful feeling. Also big thanks to everyone for helping. There is no way we could have done this without you.


No comments:
Post a Comment